Sunday, May 20, 2012

It's Been a Year Since Brenna Ran Away

I've kind of been hiding out the last few days.  I don't want to talk to people, because I'm afraid I'll cry.  You see, I've always felt like I must be strong. I am also very weepy.  Just in general, as a person, I weep at the drop of a hat.  I cry when I'm happy, I cry when I'm sad, I cry when I worship God.  I cry if I hear beautiful music.  So, in order to keep from crying in public, I hide out when I feel this way.  Frankly, sometimes I'm just tired of crying.

Have you ever felt worn out from being so sad?   I know that the joy of the Lord is our strength.  So what does it say about my strength if I cry all the time?  I probably shouldn't worry about it, but I do.  And the weird thing is, sometimes the crying, even if I'm sad, is from joy.  Does that make sense??  But it's the truth.  I feel joy and sadness at the same time.  What would you call THAT emotion?  I am astounded at the depths and heights I've experienced in this.

Please pray for me.  I want more than anything to do what God wants in this.  I know that God is still at work, and He will never leave me or forsake me.  I know that He has a plan, and He is in control.  I will not give up.  But I think right now, I just need a break from the pain. It is always there in the back of my mind.  It feels similar to how I felt the first year after losing PJ in that it saps my strength.  Anyway, thanks for your sharing in this rambling post...

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Tammy, I am praying for you tonight with our Lord Jesus. You do need a break from the pain, I believe Jesus will do that for you...I am praying for that tonight...right now. You are a beautiful woman and friend...I pray for your strength too...xoxoLeslie