Monday, April 16, 2012

Ways to worship

One of the things our pastor talked about yesterday is worshiping God using our talents. This is my attempt to do that. I would like to add a couple of posts here that are short writings that I have done in response to what God has said to me. The following was given to me as I was worshiping after losing my son to leukemia. I had been struggling for almost 5 years with his death, and the consequences to my family following that death. My family was still reeling from the hurt. I hope that someone else can feel the change that God intends for each of us as we struggle:

Into the Clearing

I have been wandering in a dank, dark forest. Wolves have been nipping at my heels throughout the night. I can smell the leaves rotting on the cold, wet ground. It has been an interminable night. I know that God has been guiding me through this trial, but I have traveled too long, and I am bone weary…

I look up, and slowly, in the distance I perceive a ribbon of pink on the horizon. The dark gray of the night lightens to reveal spaces between the trees that surround me. A warm breeze carries the scent of wildflowers to me, and shafts of golden sunlight pierce the darkness.

A melody begins. A sweet alto voice calls out to all that God is faithful. She is joined by a clear tenor, followed by a warm, rich bass.

I step into the clearing, and the warmth of the sun envelops me. I join my soprano with the harmony of the beauty God has created. More people emerge from the darkness and step into the light. We all raise our voices to the One who has brought us through the night. A dance of praise to Him begins. Our fatigue melts away as we are given perfect rest. The night is finally over and God has brought us through.

No comments: